Monday, July 24, 2017

Intro


Many people are familiar with Millie by now and know she is a rescue.. but many do not realize how emaciated she was when she was first brought in.  I never really intended to get another dog but then again, I never really intended on volunteering at the GBHS either.  It just happened after weeks of a heavy heart and conviction.  These same feelings resurfaced again when I saw Millie's image. My heart went out to her, I prayed for her and sent her good vibes but still.. that wasn't good enough.  So soon after I made the first effort to learn more about her situation.  I called and asked about her and it wasn't but a day later, I filled out papers to request adoption.

I had never met her in person, I didn't know her disposition.. for all I knew, she could be a vicious, wild man-eater.. She just spoke to me and I trusted it.

I am so happy I did and feel that through trusting my intuition and listening to my conscious, I was able to make a confident and sound decision.

It's amazing the power of love and nurture.  It's been only under a week and I have seen a very positive transformation.  Just imagine what our world would be like if we loved and nurtured others, our neighborhoods, our hometown and all living creatures.

Love doesn't only help that individual but it also heals and helps the person that loves as well.  Giving of myself when something is in need and distress and cannot give me anything in return has shown me empathy on another level I didn't know existed.

So, the whole point of this is 'ACT' on your convictions and if your heart is heavy.. it's trying to tell you something.  Whatever it is, be proactive.  You'll be happy you did.  It does not only change your life but the life you are helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment